0

Flagpole Fails: "Are You Rockstaring At Me?"

Out of sheer boredom and the slight panic that comes those few days before school, I've been watching a show on Youtube. It's an old show, one that they show on Nick @ Nite now, called The Nanny. Okay, let me just tell you, this show is hilarioussss. Besides Friends and The Office maybe, this show actually does make me laugh out loud, which contrary to popular belief, doesn't actually occur that often. It's about a sassy, loud, nasal-voiced girl named Fran Fine, who after being kicked out of her job at a Bridal Shop by her boyfriend, takes up employment as a nanny in a rich household of a Broadway producer, Maxwell Sheffield. Not only is the show awesomely hilarious, the characters are all really well developed and for every hilarious moment on the show, there's also sweet touching, studio-audience-"aww" inducing moments as well. It's a pretty awesome show. My favorite character on the show is the butler Niles, because he has to be one of the wittiest characters on a show ever. Hey, even I bow down to him when it comes to wisecracking insults against his archnemisis C.C. Babcock (hah.), and having a little brother, I can say I'm pretty good! Here's one episode where Mr. Sheffield and Niles attempt to teach Nanny Fine to be "cultured" when she hosts a society tea, and it made me laugh so hard my mom walked by my room and stared at me. :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEUySdJmFp8

I do watch these on Youtube, now that I've found them, but originally I watched them all on TV (11 PM on Nick, if you're wondering). But seriously, because of all the TV-watching, I ended up seeing this one commercial OVER and OVER and OVER. The K-mart "rockstare" commercial? But still every time it gave me the uncontrollable urge to facepalm or headdesk continuously for 10 minutes after watching. I'm not sure..something about it is such so..hugely BAD, and I'm not sure what it is. The loud fake laughter of the children flaunting their tacky, albeit affordable clothing? Or could it be the godawful portmanteau that is the word rockstare itself? Watching the video is rather like watching someone walk out of the bathroom with a piece of toilet paper stuck to their shoe..Or that girl who made the poor decision to wear white pants during that time of the month...Just to see them so painfully.. PAINFULLY. unaware. I feel deep sorrow for these children. Deep, deep sorrow.

Edit: The failure continues. "Blingitude is a girl's BFF, A.E A.E" Wow. Thanks. Now I really do feel "K-mart smart".

0 comments:

Post a Comment