1

Happy B-day, G-dragon!


I almost feel like there's too many hyphens in that title. But, anyways, yeah, a very happy B-day to G-dragon. If you happen to be reading this and you don't have the slightest idea who he is, he's a member of a Korean boy-band called Big Bang. I watched the MV for his new song Heartbreaker, and it's pretty good. Not sure I'm digging the platinum blond hair, but hey, its effing G-dragon, he can do whatever the heck he wants to his hair and still be awesome. A full album preview can be found here.

Haha yeah, I do listen to K-pop recently. Maybe more of my asian-ness is coming out. Idk the funky thing is, I have TONS AND TONS of K-pop, more so than those who would say that they're just testing the waters, but not enough to be considered a true listener I guess? My music taste is wide and varied at the very least, and very eclectic. I have music from Korean boy-bands like DBSK and 2PM, and at the same time from those oh-so popular pop-punk bands like Paramore, All Time Low, The Academy Is... I have songs from mainstream pop artists like Lady Gaga. I have a small sampling of alternative rock, like Anberlin and The Killers. I even, I admit, have a few songs by the Jonas Brothers. I have bands known by many, and bands known by few, and the funny thing is I don't have much of a preference for any particular genre or music style.

me: im a musicslut i think
i just made that word up
Eunice: HAHAHAHA
me: i say that because i just do all kinds of genres
Eunice: thats a crazy word
BWEAAHHA
me: and all kinds of music styles
Eunice: i was going to ask you
me: but no strings attached
Eunice: how that worked out
hahahahaha
me: wow. that actually
made sense
sort of
wow.
And even I was suprise at how well that word seemed to describe me. Because really, my relationship with music is very relaxed, a relationship with all the benefits but "no strings attached" as I so eloquently said. I'm not an indie-only snob, or a crazy boy-band fangirl (this could be argued). I just like music for what it is. I think music can be a very powerful way to convey a message or an emotion, or at the same time can just be made to simply to get your blood pumping and you moving. But to me, all music has it's merits and is worth discovering, from soulful R&B, to power ballads of emo angst, to the head-banging, riotous punk music, and even sugary-sweet bubblegum pop. I can find examples from each of these genres that I fully enjoy and have 10+ songs of. Admittedly, my taste does change from time to time, and I find myself only listening to certain genres of newly downloaded songs at a time that I obsessively tracked down via iTunes/Google/Youtube. But hey, half the fun is in changing it up and discovering new things eh? God, I really am a slut. xP

A sampling of my Recently Added Playlist:
Dear Vienna by Owl City (I'm sort of allergic to cuteness, and I still like this band)
Drifting Apart by Nell (REALLY nice indie-rock (says Wiki anyways) band worth checking out, and if you don't speak Korean [like me], eng translations also worth checking out- lyrics are amazinggg)
Alone En La Vida by L'arc-en-ciel
Hot Mess by Cobra Starship
Energetic by BoA (not bad for her debut in the US!)
Inevitable by Anberlin (song introduced to me by Sharon XD)
Leader by Phantom Planet
Sky by Joshua Radin ft. Ingrid Michaelson
Fanatic by Epik High (Check out their originals too! You can't go wrong with Epik High)
Heaven by FT Island
What I've Done by Until June
Romeo N Juliet by Clazziquai
Returns by MC the MAX
So yup, there you go. A little insight into the randomness of my music library.

1 comments:

sharon said...

G-DRAGON IS THE SEX.

and yeah dude, you're def a musicslut. you get around ;]

Post a Comment