0

Cooking..win?

Well, my mom stayed true to her word and we decided to bake somethin' today. As usual, we found ourselves lacking in several of those baking type ingredients, because we're not exactly a baking type of family. What self-respecting hardcore Asian family makes cookies and brownies? Pfft, dumplings and fried rice all the way! We managed to scrounge up EXACTLY as much butter was called for in the recipe (which turns out, was leftover from the last time we attempted baking), found out we needed much more flour and sugar (to which my dad replied "Why so much sugar? Tai tian le!- too sweet!"), as well as vanilla extract. We also found out we had managed to lose all our measuring cups except for the 1/2 cup, 1/3 cup, 1/2 tbsp, and 1/8 (YES, ONE EIGTH, FOR GOD SAKES) teaspoon. So we tromped off to Safeway to buy the necessities.

And at Safeway, I managed to have one of those "is that person who i think it is" encounters, as well as a "hey its that persons should i say hi only i don't really knowt hem so it'd be awkward,better avoid them only oh no why are they standing there so long now I have to walk
past them and not look". *sigh. I guess Safeway is the place to be nowadays, eh? Where all the COOL KIDS ha- alright I'll stop.

Anyways so we hauled back all our crap and we sort of just started..baking? Or more like. It was me baking. I guess it was pretty fun. I never understand people who love to cook, but there is something to be said to make something that tastes delicious using your own two hands and hard work. My brother basically hovered around being generally unhelpful and basically only wanting to eat the brownies. :D Pretty satisfactory results, if I do say so myself.




On a totally unrelated note, I saw this really funny thing on TV today. I'mma keep names and details out of this, but what a fail. I realize its just a local TV station and that's the best they can really do...But seriously. My hand were itching to do awkwardturtles through the whole thing, esp. during the second show where the host kept walking around like a creeper behind everyone, and one girl was trying so hard not to laugh. I can understand though. I was doing the same thing. Faillllll.
Edit: I realize that sentence was pretty ambiguous. I was trying not to laugh, NOT being a creeper behind people. *sigh. Sad how I have to clarify that, really.
-Lisa

0 comments:

Post a Comment