0

If you can't take the heat...

Then get a giant bottle of ice water, and a freakin' electric fan, cuz there's no escaping it. Damn this infernal heat. I know I know...I shouldn't be complaining because some places on this Earth are just literally like...melt-your-brains hot. But heck, it really is freakin' hot. I DON'T HAVE AC. I REPEAT. I DO NOT HAVE AC. And to make matters worse, I can't even be happy about swimming Monday morning because everyday California decides to screw us over and make it freezing cold until about 10 AM. Which makes dressing appropriately a right pain in the..

But I digress. Even excluding the hellish heat, this entire week of school has been less than desirable. What with stressing about about the quality of my teachers, the people in my classes, the embarrassment of failing the swim test, balancing homework... I tried to recover from the emotional distress of returning to that same stressful environment of books and papers by doing as little as possible today...But hey! You know what? Next week we get to go BACK. And the week after THAT. And the week after THAT! That's an FML if I ever saw one.

But more-or-less, I survived, which I'm grateful for. I managed to mostly shake off the lethargy and lazy lolling of summer, and get crackin' on my homework. I don't really even have any over the weekend, except for extra study. As for teachers, most are by large an improvment over last years, particularly in French, Math, and English. My Chemistry teacher, though nice, seems to be even more random
and disorganized than me.
"I don't like planning things. I procrastinate a lot. I wouldn't want to plan a whole day's hike for one hill cuz once I start walking, I might decide. HEY! THAT HILL LOOKS NICE." - Mr. L

Not quoted verbatim, but still. Please stay on one hill, Mr. L, it would do us a lot of good. And my history teacher, is...strange? Not only does she have the most bizarre grading policy everr (no homework, just two big-ass tests and projects and loads of participation points), but she tries so hard to get the students to like h
er that she condones going off on TWENTY MINUTE tangents about the tooth fairy. Extremely relevant to Contemporary World History, Ms. H. T___T And she claims she doesn't have favorites, though in my book, any teacher who HAS to make that claim obviously does. I mean she gives participation points for her knowing your name for goodness sake. What about us poor, demure, softspoken, nondescript Asian children? What about us? :(

Anyways, kisses for Boba, my doggy, who had a way harder week than all of us. H
e got neutered Thursday,and man, I will not go there, but how would YOU feel if you had your...

Btw, here's a random picture. It's a picture I edited of a waterstain that formed on my bedsheet after my hair dripped on it after my shower. IT'S A HEART, HOW COOL IS THAT?


Long post sorry if I made your eyes bleed from the abnormally high percentage of whine-age and high school angst in this one.
-Lisa

0 comments:

Post a Comment